- I am a new customer, how do I place my order?
- Select the product you are looking to order from our products page
- Choose the specifications from our drop down boxes and type in your total number of prints, then add to your basket
- Once you have finished adding your products, go the the basket in the top right hand corner to review your order
- Upload your artwork or select the ‘I’ll send artwork later’ checkbox
- Proceed to the checkout to choose the production and delivery options and carry out the payment process
- You will receive a confirmation email when your order is complete
- Tracking info will be emailed to you once your order has been dispatched. Sit tight – your order is on it’s way!
- Can I print multiple designs?
Absolutely! Use our multiple artworks feature across our products to add as many designs as you like to the order. Just tick the blue box under your print specification and add the quantities for each artwork.
- Can I order A1 or A2 prints with PRINT.WORK?
Sadly not. The largest size we print at is A3.
- Can you scan my original artwork for me?
Your artwork is too precious to send in the post, so unfortunately we don’t currently offer an in-house scanning service! Any original artwork that you’d like printed with us must be scanned or photographed on your end before submitting an order. If you’re having trouble with this, drop us an email and we’re happy to help to the best of our ability.
- How much are your delivery costs?
All of our deliveries use a tracked and signed for service. See our dedicated delivery page for costs.
Our delivery service is speedy, reliable and we use a courier who is committed to making every parcel delivered carbon neutral.
- What are your turnaround times?
Our standard turnaround time is 5 working days.
If you need your prints in a hurry, you can select our speedy production which means your order will be delivered in the next 3 working days, or our super speedy option, which gets your order to you in 2 working days.*
*The cut off time for ordering our speedy production is 2PM. We won’t kick off your order until we have received all artwork and any proofs have been signed off.
- Do I receive updates on my order's progress once it's been placed?
You can track the status of our order here.
If you’ve requested a proof, keep an eye out for our email as your order can’t progress until we’ve received your approval.
- Do you ship outside of the UK?
We do not currently ship outside of the UK.
- What file types do you accept?
You can upload your artwork as a print-ready PDF, JPEG or PNG.
For our sticker sheets, we also accept files in PSD and AI formats.
- I’m not sure how to set up my artwork ready for print, can you help?
Of course! If you’re a bit unsure on how to set up your artwork before sending it to us, we’ve put together a handy tech guide to help you out.
If you’re still having trouble or need some advice, feel free to drop us an email – we’re more than happy to help.
- I'd like my prints to have a border, how can I do this?
We do ask that if you’d like your prints to have borders, you would add those to your designs before sending your files to us. However, if you’re struggling with this, we’re always happy to help. Just pop a message in your order notes and our artwork team will see what they can do!
- I have a coupon code, how do I use this?
Coupon codes can be added in the box at the top of the checkout page. This discount will be applied instantly.
Coupon codes cannot be added to an order retrospectively.
- Are all of your papers 100% recycled?
All of our house stock papers are 100% recycled.
We also have what we like to call our ‘special papers’ which are a collection of environmentally responsible, premium part recycled stocks. We’re always on the lookout for new papers!
For more info visit Our Papers page.
- How can I get hold of samples of all of your different papers?
You can order one of our free sample packs on our website.
- Can I see a sample print of my artwork before I place my order?
Yes! We offer a sample print service where you can test up to 4 different designs on 2 of our different papers. This allows you to see what your artwork looks like printed before committing to a full order.
- What kind of inks do you use and are they vegan?
We use a dry toner system for our inks. It is hard to gain very specific details about the makeup of the inks, as they are closely guarded by the manufacturer; but we do know that they are partly made from organic biomass, as well as being food safe. The press is also equipped with a toner recycling system for waste, and inks on paper fully comply with standard de-inking processes, so they can be fully recycled at any plant.
It is to our understanding that the inks contain no animal products whatsoever. Many printers will state that these and similar inks are vegan and vegetarian, as there are no obvious ingredients that state otherwise. As part of our commitment to giving accurate information, we are uncomfortable stating this as there are some unknowns in the manufacturers data sheets. It is something that we are working to understand in as much detail as possible, and we will guarantee this as soon as we feel comfortable to do so. Here is what we can currently guarantee:
- The inks we use are non toxic and food safe.
- All 4 inks are made with organic pigments.
- All 4 inks comply with standard de-inking and recycling practises, so can be reintroduced to the recycling loop once they have been printed.
Sorry we can’t give you a cast iron guarantee on this subject, we hope that’s okay! We’re unsold on any claims.
- Can I re-order one of my previous orders?
We don’t have a direct way of re-ordering at the moment, but this is something we’re working on! If you’d like any of your previous orders printed again, the best way to do this is to place a new order for the required products, and let us know in the order notes that you would like your files from your previous order (as well as that order number) printed.
- Do your prints have a matte finish?
All of our papers are matte and uncoated so they tend to feel rougher with a more tactile finish. We use a dry toner press which means that some colours can appear a little shinier than others. Generally speaking, lighter tones have a matte finish on the paper whereas darker, larger areas of colour tend to have a sheen on them.
Some of our papers produce a flatter, matte image with darker tones so if that’s the finish you’re after, we recommend using our Perlino Cotton paper.
- Which products are VAT exempt?
Most of our products require VAT, however there are some exceptions. Visit this website to find out which printed materials are VAT zero rated.
- Do you offer a drop ship service?
We do not currently have the option for drop shipping. It’s something we are looking at introducing in the near future.
- How long will my prints last?
Our inks are highly resistant to UV light, and all our papers are PH balanced as well as being elemental Chlorine free. In the right conditions your prints will last for years. In direct sunlight for a prolonged period, inks may fade a little quicker but we have been testing them for years without any signs of fade.
- I'm planning to sell my prints, how would you recommend packaging them?
We send out all our orders packaged flat in layers of cardboard wrap, but if you’ve ordered prints at 250GSM or lower, you can easily roll those up and send them out to your customers in a tube.
If you’re in need of packaging supplies for your print business, we recommend using Eco Craft for all your packaging needs. They’re reasonably priced and all of their products are environmentally friendly.
- Will PRINT.WORK promote me and my work?
One of the perks of the job here at PRINT.WORK is that we encounter so much new and exciting artwork every day, and we love nothing more than to shout about our favourite designs. When work catches our eye and also showcases our products really well, we like to share them on our Instagram, which is why we ask for your permission to share your work on socials when you place an order. We wish we could share everyones amazing designs, but we don’t want to spam your newsfeeds!
Another way we like to work with our customers are our Introducing features. These are articles that showcase makers and independent business we love to work with, and let you guys know a little more about them. We’re always looking for more talent to feature, so if this is something you’d be interested in, feel free to drop us an email!
- Can you print this picture of my dog?